Last Updated on
Are you a Triathlete? Are you looking for a fitness tracker? Perfect! Get wearable tech designed just for you!
Fitness wearables are entering a new generation, with activity trackers becoming smarter and more multifunctional than ever.
Triathletes can now benefit from activity trackers that are designed specifically for their sports. An activity tracker for triathletes is adapted so that it will provide all the essential and necessary data not only when the wearer is running, but also during swimming and biking.
So really, what triathletes get with their specially adapted fitness wearables is three devices rolled into one.
Real time information at every stage of the triathlon
A triathlete has 4 personal bests to keep track of: their personal bests when running, swimming, and biking, and then their overall personal best in the entire triathlon as well.
An activity tracker for triathletes will be able to let the wearer know a variety of different types of information. Most important for a triathlete of course is heart rate, speed, and distance covered.
But, there are several types of information provided by such an activity tracker that are specifically suited to either running, swimming, or biking. When it comes to swimming, for instance, the activity tracker can measure stroke rate, as well as speed and distance covered.
Activity trackers for triathletes to suit at all levels
These small, comfortable, and of course waterproof and wetsuit friendly wearables are great for all kinds of triathletes.
Whether you are a professional athlete or training for a friendly charity event (or both!), you will be able to find the perfect activity tracker for you. Continue and check out our list of activity trackers for triathletes below:
Garmin Forerunner 920 XT
It is designed for both, pool swimming and open water. While biking it is compatible with additional sensors like speed or power meter and it also has additional GPS functionality.
Moreover, the activity tracker will help you to train for your best running form by providing you a valuable set of dynamics data. Because it is definitely a premium watch, you will have to spend some money for the Garmin Forerunner 920XT.
- Note: This product comes bundled with an HRM-Run heart rate monitor with either a black front or a black front with a red border around it. The border color will not affect the functionality of the unit.
- VO2 MAX, RECOVERY TIME & RACE PREDICTOR2 Forerunner 920XT estimates VO2 max, recovery time and predicts your race times for several distances when used with heart rate.
- RUNNING DYNAMICS1 When paired with the HRM-RunTM monitor, the Forerunner 920XT provides feedback on running form by measuring cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time.
Built-in are for example GPS, swimming metrics and a training guide that vibrates or notifies you with a sound when you have to speed up or slow down.
After your training session, you are able to create in-depth and detailed performance charts with the help of Polar’s software.
- GPS SPORT WATCH: Advanced multisport GPS Watch for serious sports enthusiasts and professional athletes who want to reach peak performance, the built-in GPS keeps track of your ride, run or hike measuring your speed, distance and route
Timex Ironman Triathlon watch
With the Timex Global Trainer Speed and Distance GPS watch you will be able to track your pace, distance and performance data with a single wrist device. The tracker can read data from your heart rate monitor and your bike sensor.
With the help of GPS, you can track your altitude, speed and distance.
The TomTom Multi-Sport is suited for swimming, running and cycling. Compared to the other trackers it’s one of the less expensive smartwatches for triathletes.
In case you are not a professional runner and not training for any Ironman contest you might take a look at the Misfit Shine.
The Shine is probably the cheapest multisport fitness tracker available on the market. Of course, it will not provide premium features like GPS tracking but it’s a good device for everyday use. Find also a detailed review of the misfit shine vs misfit flash here.
- Vibration alerts for call and text notifications, movement reminders, and alarms
- Smart button enabled to control connected household devices
- Swimproof, anodized aluminum disc with multicolor LED progress and time display
Garmin Fenix 3
The Fenix 3 offers GPS, heart rate monitoring and interval training.
It is shock resistant, can forward all calls, text messages, emails, and other notifications, and offers ANT+, which is great if there are special accessories you want to use in combination with the watch.
Moreover the Fenix 3 has a compass, weather, barometer and altimeter apps. For more information check out also the articles on the Review of the Fenix 3 Sapphire and our comparison of Fenix 3 and 920 XT.
- WRIST-BASED HEART RATE - Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate technology measures heart rate at the wrist, giving you the option to track your heart rate data without wearing a chest strap - Activity Tracking Accuracy
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com