13 Best wearables and gadgets for golfing
Leaving professional golfers aside, golf is one of the preferred sports among business folks. Why? Because they can exercise, relieve their minds from stress, and share some time with friends, colleagues, partners or competitors, talking about life and about, yes, business. Read more about golf and business at the economist.
Regardless of enjoying a good time and pleasant conversations, businesspeople and golfers are highly competitive, and counting on the best tools and strategies – and discreetly showing off- is one peculiarity that most of them share. That applies to business field and golf, and for both, following the latest trends is crucial. And precisely, one of the fanciest trends are smart wearables. We are certainly not overlooking the immense aid that golfing wearables can be, especially when it comes to analyzing the current performance towards setting goals for improvement.
Find out the 13 best and preferred golf wearables that can help you improve your game and your swing while knocking shots off your handicap:
Zepp Golf 2 3D Swing Analyzer
The Zepp Golf 2 is a small sensor that goes attached to the glove. This motion-sensor is a training system that helps to analyze and improve golfing techniques. You need to download the app, pair it up, and your smartphone will receive an attractive bunch of swing data. It tracks hip movements, hands´speed and many more performing data which you can later review looking at visual charts to see where you did wrong, and even to compare your shots with professional´s swings. Another fascinating feature is the 3D view, which allows watching and replying your swings from any angle.
- 3D swing analysis measures the most important aspects of your swing; club speed, club plane, tempo, backswing length and more
- Instant evaluations help you see where you can improve the most and focus your training
- Smart coach offers personalized training programs, based on your data, from PGA/LPGA players and Tour instructors to make you a better player faster
- Replay and review your swing in 360 degree from any angle
Game Golf Digital Shot Tracking System
The GameGolf is a multi-part wearable system: It includes a sensor that has to be clipped onto your belt and sensors that have to be mounted on top of your club. It tracks all the data during a swing, including speed, quality, your location on the course, etc. You can check all the logged data using the mobile app, which comes both for Android and iOS mobiles.
1 used from $75.72
- Improve Your Game - From tee to green, we analyze your entire round of golf
- Know Your Distances - See how far you really hit each club and never under-club again
- See Your Stats - Fairway Accuracy, GIR, Putts Per Hole and more; Real stats at your fingertips
- Share & Compare with your friends, followers, or even the Pros
Arccos Golf Driver GPS Sensor
The Arccos records each shot and saves them to the could. Through its potent sensors, it automatically tracks and analyzes all your relevant data.
- Arccos driver automatically tracks every drive you hit, providing you with precise distances in real-time
- Analyze all of your driving stats from distance to accuracy and see how your game is trending
- Compete against friends and arccos users in virtual driving games. Climb local and National leaderboards
Swingbyte 2 Golf Swing Analyzer
In Swingbyte, you will find a convenient, lightweight swing analyzer that regardless of not providing the broad range of metrics that other analyzers do, it provides you sufficient information to understand and improve your swing. Some features that are important are the history and compare swings option; Great tool to determine if you are advancing on your swings. Besides, it also provides a timely putter analysis.
- Each Swingbyte 2 includes Anker USB Wall Charge Adapter compatible with USB cable included with Swingbyte 2.
- Instant swing data on your smartphone or tablet
- Attaches easily to any club in your bag, driver through putter; Weighs less than 1 ounce
- Share swing data with your pro and on Facebook
- "One of the 12 coolest items at the PGA Show" - Golf Digest
Garmin Approach S6 GPS
The Garmin Approach S6 comes with built-in mapping for 40,000 worldwide courses. Its color screen displays a top to down view of the hole and shows yardage too. With the stats analysis Garmin Connect and the swing information that the S6 provides, it can be a useful aid to improve your swing and performance.
1 used from $169.99
- HI-RES COLOR TOUCHSCREEN - High-resolution, sunlight readable, glove-friendly, color resistive touchscreen display
- SWINGSTRENGTH - Calculates how hard you swing your golf clubs so you can train yourself to swing more consistently
- SWINGTEMPO - Calculates the relationship between upswing and downswing and expresses it as a ratio. Battery life up to 20 weeks (watch mode); up to 10 hours (GPS mode)
- PINPOINTER - Provides blind shot assistance by pointing you in the right direction when you are unable to see the pin
The first version of the TomTom Golfer offered a 168 x 144 screen, with course graphics and a view mode that allowed checking the flag´s position. With a discreet monochrome screen, this GPS golf watch records scores, measures distance and tracks the burned calories. The TomTom 2 version holds an attractive pack of additional tracking and shot recognition features.
PIQ Golf Sensor GPS Shot Tracker + Swing Analysis + Golf GPS/Rangefinder
PIQ combines a GPS range finder, a swinger analyzer, and a shot tracker within a single device. Attach it to your glove, pair it with the sensors on the butt end of the grips and it will indicate you the yardages of the green on an LCD display on the glove. It transmits your swing analysis data to your smartphone, providing instant swing feedback.
- Distance to the green - GPS
- Displays the remaining distance to the front, middle and back of the green on more than 35.000 courses
- Club length Statistics and shot tracking mapping on the courses
- Swing analysis (speed, swing path and tempo) and rendering in 3D
The AimingPro allows golfers to have perfect shots. This golf aiming device aligns the golfer´s position with the target, using motion sensors and rotation algorithm technology. The AimingPro is small and easy to wear; it´s just a small device you can clip on your belt. You simply need to press its only button to activate it.
The SkyGolf consists of a wearable sensor, 15 SmartTags for your clubs, and a companion mobile app. The sensor is a solid and precise GPS. It takes keeps track of your game, serves as a rangefinder, and provides statistics, information about the green, distances from the course, and an HD overview of the hole, among others.
Blast Motion Golf
The Blast Motion device easily attaches to almost all standard putters and drivers, and it powers up motion detection algorithms automatically, which grants never missing anything. It captures all relevant swing data, including swing tempo, speed, and blast factor. It captures 3D metrics in real time and allows you to see the different metrics in slow motion, for a more detailed analysis.
- Awarded Golf Digests "Best of the 2016 PGA Show." Designed by golf professionals, the Blast Golf Replay app has the metrics accuracy required by pro players, while featuring video improvement tips and drills to help players of all abilities improve their game.
- The Blast Precision Motion Sensor attaches to the end of nearly any regulation driver or putter and uses Bluetooth Smart technology to connect to your smartphone or tablet
It is Garmin´s first golf sensor accessory. Although being tiny and lightweight, it provides an excellent variety of metrics, such as speed, swing tempo, club path measurements, critical club angles, and much more. You can check the swing parameters through any of the compatible Approach watches. You have no need to carry your smartphone to take advantage of the sensor.
- SWING ANALYSIS TOOL - Displays convenient, at-a-glance swing metrics data on your compatible Approach watch or handheld, smartphone or tablet
- SWING METRICS - Swing metrics includes swing tempo, swing speed, club path coordinates, club path, face to target, dynamic loft, shaft angle and shaft lean
- 3-D ANIMATIONS - View 3-D animations and side-by-side swing comparisons for real-time analysis on your smartphone or tablet using Garmin Connect Mobile app
Bushnell Tour V3 Golf Rangefinder
The laser rangefinder Bushnell Tour V3 maintains the same range performance (5 to 1000 yards), accuracy (within 1 yard), and magnification (5x), than its predecessor, the V2. It introduces the Jolt tech, which gives a quick burst of vibrations to indicate that it has locked onto a target. When the laser is fired, the distances will be intermittently updated as you pan across objects. The Bushnell Tour V3, with its ergonomic design and the award-winning PinSeeker with Jolt Technology, appears to be a complete rangefinder with a thoroughly thought design. It fits in the palm of the hand and offers high performance.
- Single hand vertical operation with 5x magnification and a 24mm objective
- Range finding performance of 10 to 1,000 yards; 300 yards to flag with +/- one yard of accuracy
- Pin Seeker Technology with Jolt Vibration activated when Pin Seeker is triggered; SCAN mode provides continuously updated LCD display as you pan across landscape
- Legal for tournament play
- Compact ergonomical design that is easy to grip; includes a carrying case and 3-volt battery; 2-year warranty
Steadihead Putting Golf
The Steadihead is great to improve your putting skills. It projects a laser beam onto the ball, and in the direction of the ball´s roll, creating a view to guiding the player with accuracy. It basically helps you align your eyes over the ball and see the actual line of the putt. It is useful to train golfers to focus right on the shot, and to stay still during action.
You can see that the range of options and features when it comes to smart wearables for golfing is quite ample, covering the needs of both beginners and expert golfers.