Last Updated on
The world is moving at an ever-increasing pace these days. But when you spend most of the day at a desk then that means you’re not actually moving with it!
Luckily, this fast-paced world now has some exciting new tools in the form of fitness trackers to help you keep pace. And while the first few generations of trackers were extremely sporty and downright masculine, that’s no longer the case. The market has evolved and now there are many fitness watches for women that are more comfortable, stylish and functional.
Fitness trackers range from basic inactivity reminders nudging you to get up and take a walk, all the way to virtual personal trainers pushing you for “One more rep!” or “One more lap!”
Tracking fitness isn’t just for professional athletes anymore. With many trackers starting around $40, these little electronic motivators are accessible and might just be the spark to igniting a fitter, healthier you.
There are many kinds of fitness trackers and while many track the usual -steps, distance, calories burned- some will be better than others depending on your needs. If you’re an avid cyclist or swimmer for example, not every tracker will meet your needs.
Top Fitness Trackers For Women
The following is our guide to some of the top fitness trackers, specifically designed for women, available on the market today.
Polar puts the ‘fun’ in functional fitness tracker with the A360. This sturdy and durable tracker provides 24/7 tracking of workouts, steps, distance, calories burned and even sleep quality.
If you don’t fuss over a fitness tracker’s profile or “sleekness” and instead care more about the information displayed, then the A360 is a great choice for you.
With a long and a wider-than-most screen, the A360 has more room to display all of your activity information. The screen is beautiful and bright! Polar chose to make the A360 a color display and gives this tracker more life and character than many of the others on the market.
Polar’s interface is aesthetically pleasing but maybe more importantly, it is intuitive in its design. The A360 can be used with Polar Flow, Polar’s fitness tracking app. This allows you to follow your training and activity in your “training diary” and can even give you guidance for reaching your target goals.
Interested in tracking your swimming activity? This unit is a top choice of waterproof watches for women. The sleek, silicone band holds well throughout your workout. It even has it’s own swim training program that can be adjusted to your ability.
- WRIST HEART RATE MONITOR: Accurate wrist-based heart rate monitor with personalized training guidance to reach your fitness goals
- ACTIVITY TRACKER: Tracks your workouts, steps, distance, calories burned, sleep quality, and activity 24/7
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Bright colorful touch screen with vibrating smart notifications and inactivity alerts that help you stay active
The Fitbit Alta is a great option if you want to track your activity but you don’t want to flash it off to everyone you come across. The Alta has a great minimalist design that is sleek and functional.
With colors ranging from Teal to Silver and Plum, the Alta offers a deeper color palette that gives the tracker character without screaming for attention. This tracker is a great choice if you’re looking to avoid the bulky or flashy side of the fitness tracker spectrum.
Water resistant, the Alta is sweat, rain, as well as splash proof. Feel free to wear this one all the time, even in the shower!
It’s hard to imagine that such a small package could deliver all of your fitness tracking needs, but the Alta can definitely deliver. Besides the all-day activity recording, the Alta also offers call, text and calendar alerts on its tap display.
For about $100 the Fitbit Alta is the sleek, slender and amongst the top choices of sports watches for women.
- Track calorie burn, heart rate, gauge workout intensity and get a picture of your overall health without an uncomfortable chest strap.
- Automatically tracks how long you sleep, shows your time spent in light, deep and REM sleep, and has a silent alarm to help you wake more peacefully.
- Gives you instant access to stats, the time and smartphone notifications.
Resembling a watch, the Amazfit Moonbeam is elegant and classy while being deceptively functional. With it you can track your steps, distance traveled, running and calories burned. Aptly named, the Moonbeam will also track how long and how well you sleep.
Standing far apart from the crowd, the actual tracking piece is a small, zirconium oxide ceramic plate that comes in either black or white. This little core sits between a gold-plated metal frame that then attaches to a leather band. Graceful and fashionable!
But the Moonbeam doesn’t end its elegance there. No, the Moonbeam has the added ability of being worn as a pendant. With the Amazfit Infinity Necklace accessory, the Moonbeam can be worn as an incredibly chic necklace that will compliment any outfit.
We often forget that there are a lot of steps and calories burned in a good night spent dancing. The Moonbeam’s ability to complement even the most elegant of dresses lets you keep track of any activity that might take place outside of the gym.
- Lightweight beautifully-crafted and uniquely elegant design
- Tracks your activity: Steps, distance traveled, running and calories burned . Automatically tracks how long and how well you sleep
- Features silent vibrating alerts for incoming calls and alarms
Another in the series of small, band-like fitness trackers, the Vivofit does stand far apart from the rest with regards to battery life.
Though there are many great fitness trackers with fast charging times, the Vivofit sets itself apart in that it requires no charging. Instead of a rechargeable battery, the Vivofit utilizes watch batteries that are said to be good for an entire year!
For those of us that might need extra encouragement, the Vivofit is equipped with the Move Bar. The Move Bar will light after an hour of inactivity and will continue to grow for each 15 minutes of inactivity thereafter.
By connecting with Garmin Connect, the Vivofit will learn from your current activity levels and adapt and adjust your goals for the next day accordingly. You can think of the Vivofit as a small personal trainer on your wrist, nudging you to a healthier lifestyle.
While it may seem like a small package, the Vivofit is bulky with features. Garmin never fails to deliver quality and at roughly $60, the Vivofit is no exception in the ladies sportswatch category.
Must Read – Complete review of the newest Garmin Vivofit.
- Sleek band is comfortable to wear all day, and the always-on display shows your stats, even in sunlight
- Displays steps, distance, calories, heart rate, floors climbed and activity intensity. Strap material: silicone
- Receive text, call, email, calendar and social media alerts,Display type:sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
And at first glance, the Vue may seem like just another run of the mill smartwatch for women but it has it’s uniqueness.
It tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, sleep, and gives you a “fitness score”.
But where the iFit Vue really stands apart from other fitness trackers is with it’s calorie intake tracker. With a few quick button presses to the touch screen, you are able to add calories to your day in increments of 50.
This seemingly small, and easy to use function makes for big waves for those of us keeping close track of our calorie intake. The Vue will help log any miscellaneous or extra calories and offers yet another tool to reach a healthier you. They say losing weight is 25% gym and 75% diet after all!
At around $70, the iFit Vue is the perfect choice for anyone really trying to reign in not only their calorie expenditure but keeping track of the calorie intake as well.
- Touch screen display- view stats and messages on an oled touch screen
- Activity tracking- tracks steps, distance, Calories burned, and sleep. Fitness Score- displays fitness Score in real time
- Quick calorie logging- log Calories directly on the tracker
What if you really need a fitness tracker that also has a heart rate monitor and you want it to be minimalist but functional? What if you also needed that tracker to be affordable? If this sounds like your situation then the Blueweigh 4.0 HR meets your needs!
Not only does the 4.0 monitor all the essentials such as steps, distance, and calories burned but it also offers some extras such as an inactivity reminder, vibrating alarms, and a feature that helps find your phone.
The 4.0 has a low energy consuming OLED display that gives the tracker an active time of about a week and a standby time of over 2 weeks!
The 4.0 HR offers the same chic, functional, and intuitive design of the other womens fitness trackers on the market for about half the price. This feature-packed fitness tracker and its 1-year guarantee is the right choice for anyone who wants all the features of a $175 tracker but for $75 instead.
- Track your heart rate, steps taken, total distance, calories burned, and sleep patterns.
- Automatically syncs Time, Date, and Stats with smartphone. Alarm and Inactivity Reminder.
- Anti-Lost Alert & Find Phone. "Snap a Still Photo" takes a picture with a simple flip of the wrist
Consider the Moov Now less of a fitness tracker and more of a personal trainer on your arm. The Moov Now’s Real Time Audio Coach tracks your activities and will alert you of any goals within reach. With a voice that encourages and pushes you, the Moov Now ensures that every workout is an efficient workout.
Whether you want results in running, swimming, cycling, cardio, or boxing, the Moov Now has you completely covered with free guided programs for each. This is the solid choice for those of us that want to get to the gym and create results!
The Moov Now is waterproof and an ideal swimming tracker. Using it’s 3D motion capture, the Now has automatic stroke style recognition and will track your lap time, strokes, and logs any personal bests.
If what you need is less of a reminder to be active and instead want a tracker to intensify your workouts and get the most from your fitness time, then consider the Moov Now.
- MOOV NOW provides real-time audio coaching for running, cycling, cardio boxing, body weight (Moov 7 Minute+)
- Most advanced swim tracker - stroke type, stroke count, lap analysis, recommends ways to improve
- Tracks Active Minutes and Sleep
The Misfit Ray is one of the few fitness trackers that foregoes a display for an even sleeker look than the rest. The anodized aluminum cylinder that houses the tracker comes in colors ranging from rose gold to forest green so this is another great option if you don’t want your fitness tracker to detract from your outfit.
The lack of a display on the Ray actually makes it seem like a simple, but futuristic bracelet. Not only is the aluminum casing fashionable and trendy, but it allows the Ray to be water resistant up to 50 meters. So this is another great option for a womens swimming watch.
As far as tracking goes, the Ray tracks the basics such as steps, distance, calories burned, and sleep quality and also offers some extras such as a handy “find my phone” feature.
Better still, the Ray uses batteries that last up to 6 months so you never have to worry about keeping it charged. But that also means one less excuse to keep you from bailing on fitness time!
Besides fitness tracking, the Ray can also sync to your phone and provide notifications for calls, texts, and alarms. Another excuse gone!
For about $60, the Misfit Ray is a solid, well-rounded choice if you’re in the market for a sleek tracker that compliments your outfit.
- Vibration alerts for call and text notifications, movement reminders, and alarms
- Smart button enabled to control connected household devices | Automatically tracks steps, distance, calories, and light and heavy sleep
- Swim proof, anodized aluminum cylinder with multicolor LED progress display
If you’re looking for a great value fitness tracker that doesn’t sacrifice functionality in the name of affordability, then check out the Kassica Smart Wristband.
It’s large and OLED screen brightens at the flick of a wrist and helps add to its long standby time. Nearly a full inch, the screen is large enough to comfortably display any relative information even with arms fully stretched.
With large, readable text, the Kassica allows you to keep track of your stats, without interrupting your flow.
Although the wristband comes in a variety of colors, the secondary color is on the underside of the strap. What this translates to is basically the same black fitness tracker with small hints of the secondary color. So in this regard the Kassica may not be the most versatile option but then again, the Kassica isn’t pretending to be something it’s not.
The Kassica is a fitness tracker through and through.
Besides tracking steps, distance, and calories burned, the Kassica is also one of the few fitness trackers with a built in heart rate and blood pressure monitor.
- 【OLED Screen Display】- Built in 0.86 inch OELD screen, with clear display for calls, texts, and symbols. User-friendly material and support life waterproof, dustproof, sweatproof, wear it...
- 【BLOOD PRESSURE DETECTION】- P1 wristband adopts the high performance CPU, monitoring your blood pressure, with accurate data to detect your physical condition, understanding your fitness at any...
- 【REAL-TIME HEART RATE MONITOR】- 24-hours dynamic heart rate detection, Built in dynamic heart rate chips, recording real-time recording the heartbeats. Syncs continuous history of the heart rate...
Longess Fitness Tracker
For the fitness enthusiast on a strict budget, the Longess Fitness Tracker is an attractive option that offers all the functionality of some of the more ‘high-end trackers.
A large and bright screen displays your tracked steps, distance, calories burned as well as the battery life. The Longess even offers a heart rate monitor to track your heart rate or utilize it to improve and intensify your workouts.
Available in 4 different color bands, the Longess is also another option in the water resistant category. The advanced green light feature of the Longess will even automatically detect your heart rate when exercising and that means one less hassle to activate manually.
You can even receive push notifications for phone calls, emails, sms and other messaging apps. If you’re constantly missing important calls or messages from the office, the ~$40 price tag is reason alone to snag the Longess Fitness Tracker.
- [ALL DAY ACTIVITY DATA RECORD]: The bracelet could precisely record your all day activity data like steps, distance, calories and activity duration. Accurate algorithm helps you practice sports more...
- [MULTIPLE SPORTS MODE]: Start this mode with one button, activate your sports talent, the band support totally 14 modes, such as walking, cycling, training, fitness, climbing, basketball, badminton...
- [24H PRECISE HEART RATE MONITORING]: 24h automatic monitoring of real time dynamic heart rate, you can set your own max heart rate and heart rate zone, and cheek the pulse diagram in the app after...